Position Vacant- General Practitioner
If you are sick of the routine and are looking to combine a varied and rewarding career with a great lifestyle, then Corowa Medical Centre is the practice for you. Corowa and surrounds provide a great environment to bring up a family, located on the Murray River, surrounded by world-class vineyards, with excellent schooling, as well as ample opportunities for recreational pursuits of all types.
Corowa Medical Centre, a new purpose built medical centre co-located with community health and the Corowa Hospital, is seeking a Vocationally Registered General Practitioner to provide patient-centered care to the local community.
Due to the recent departure of a GP, the new GP can expect to be busy from Day 1 and take over an established patient base. You will be fully supported by our full team, including a large team of quality experienced Practice Nurses, Doctors, Practice Manager and friendly full time administration support.
The clinic is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5:30pm, with short emergency clinics over the weekend.
Corowa Medical Centre is a long standing well established practice in the Corowa region.
This position also offers an opportunity to work in the satellite clinic in neighbouring Rutherglen, as well as the local aged care facilities and join the VMO roster for the Local Hospital. The opportunities here are abundant, and varied.
Corowa Medical Centre also hosts an onsite pathology service with Dorevitch, Dietitian, Diabetic Educator, Asthma Educator, Podiatrist, National hearing, and Paediatrician consulting onsite.
- Modern facilities, fully computerised practice
- Great lifestyle, comfortable, professional environment
- Excellent administration and nursing support
- Attractive remuneration package
- A fantastic, family-friendly working environment
- Reputable company
- work with an established client base
- Supportive forward thinking team
- Great opportunity to work for a reputable, friendly, teaching practice supporting the training of GP registrars and medical students from the University of Melbourne Rural School
- Extensive opportunities for recreation, being close to the Murray River and Rutherglen Wineries. Victorian Alps and ski fields within 90 minutes.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be an unrestricted Vocational Registration (VR) General Practitioner
- Current medical indemnity insurance
- FRACGP/FACRRM Registration
- provide good clinical care
- maintain good medical practice
- maintain integrity in professional practice
Interviews to be arranged as soon as possible for potentially suitable candidates.
Please Contact the Practice Manager Kristen Mann for more information about the role.